Monday 11 April 2016

Ruth Brady Art

Ruth Brady is an artist based in North Co Dublin.
Ruth kindly agreed to an interview with me regarding her art.

__________________________________________

Business Name.
Ruth Brady Art: Portraits of Pets and People

When did you first become interested in art?
Ever since I could hold a crayon!
Art has always been in my life in one way or another.
I trained as a Graphic Designer which is still my ' day job' so to speak.

Who are your artistic idols and why?
I cant really say specifically who my influences are.
I admire the work of so many artists.
Cecil Aldin for his fantastic animal pictures and Hans Holbein the Younger for his perceptive portraits would always be in my top ten!

What art materials do you work with?
I work mainly in chalk pastels and pencil and would like to move into using pen and ink and waterclour more frequently.
I am also keen to experiment with digital art more; drawing directly onto my tablet using a digital 'pen'.

Please explain your art in 5 words?
My Artwork in 5 words...well here's 6....
Tailor made, thoughtful, unique, strong, likenesses!

Where are you situated?
I'm based in North County Dublin with family connections in Swinford, Co. Mayo but I create portraits for people from all parts of the country.

At what cost is your artwork to purchase?
The price of one of my pieces depends on its size and the medium used.
Registered post within the Republic is included in the price.
The easiest way to see the available options is to click this link http://www.ruthbradyart.com/prices

My website is http://www.ruthbradyart.com and I'm also on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/ruthbradyirishartist/

No comments:

Post a Comment