Friday 15 April 2016

Reiki

https://m.facebook.com/Angies-Holistic-Therapies-907403606023760/

What is reiki?
Reiki is an ancient, non-intrusive complementary therapy.
A hands-on healing technique, Reiki enhances the body's own innate ability to heal itself on all levels.
Reiki is an individual healing art in its own right.
It helps restore balance and harmony to the mind, body and spirit.
The energy involved in Reiki healing is the universal energy that surrounds all life.  Reiki can benefit everyone.

What are the benefits of reiki treatments?
People can have Reiki treatments:
To increase their energy and vitality levels
To improve health and well-being.
To reduce stress
To help during times of change
To be supported in times of bereavement
To accelerate the healing process after surgery
To accelerate the healing process with orthopedic injuries
As a method of preventative health care and health maintenance.
To treat oneself to a deeply relaxing treatment.
To reduce pain.
To increase confidence and self esteem.

What types if reiki are there?
There are different types of Reiki, including Angel Reiki, Usui Reiki and Tera Mai Reiki,

What training and qualifications did you receive?
I studied Tera Mai Reiki, but I think it is generally the same for all different types. There are 3 levels. 
Level one introduces you to the energy healing.
You are taught about the chakras and how to check and clear them. 
You are also taught Hands on healing.  Level two introduces you to symbols in Reiki. 
In Tera Mai Reiki, there are 12 symbols.  In the other types of Reiki there aren't as many. 
You also learn about spinal misalignments and cutting ties, but I am not sure if these last two are only taught in Tera Mai Reiki. 
The third level is the master level, which I haven'g completed yet, but am hoping to do it this summer. 
There is also a practioneers course which is designed for those who want to go into practice. 
I have done this course.                                                           There is also Scheim which can only be done after you have done the master level.

When and why did you decide to learn/teach reiki?
I started learning reiki about a year ago.
I can't say exactly why I decided to learn it, but I was drawn to it. 
Since I was a child, I always found I could feel energies around people, and for me,  reiki was a natural progression to that.

What does a reiki session involve?         
In general, once a person comes for session, I ask them a couple of questions and complete a consultation sheet. 
This is totally confidential. 
I then go through what will happen during the session. 
If they have any questions, I will answer them then.
I also ask them to take off their shoes. Then the person lies on their back on a coach/bed.
I put a blanket over them. 
I also do AuraSoma, so I then ask the person to pick a bottle out of 3. 
Then I get the person to close their eyes.  I put the Aurasoma into their aura then. 
If the person doesn't want this, I won't do it. 
I generally mention this during the discussion before they get up on the bed.  I then check the persons chakras, I use a pendulum for this. 
Other reiki practioners use different methods for this.
I make a note of how the chakras are.  After I have checked the chakras, I clear them and then fill them with light. 
Then I do a hands on healing where I touch the person on the head, body arms and legs. 
If the person doesn't want to be touched, I will still do this part but I will hold my hands over the areas rather than touching them. 
After this I will recheck the chakras. 
Then I will tell the person, that I have finished, but to stay lying down. 
I will then go and wash my hands and get them a drink of water. 
Once I come back, I will get them to sit down with me and I will go through what I noticed during the session and ask them how they feel. 
I generally tell them to drink plenty of water for the next few days and sometimes they can still feel the effects for a couple of days. 
Sometimes, I might tell them that wearing a particular colour if there was a blockage in a particular chakra as each chakra has a colour.

At what cost are your sessions?
I charge €30 to €35 per session, depending on whether I go to the person's house or if I have hired a room.

Where do your sessions take place?
At the moment, I will go to a persons house to do a session. 
However, I am hoping to take a room in Butterfly Nails, Swinford once I get more estabished.

Are there certain restrictions for people such as age, health issues etc?
There are no restrictions. 
Any one can get a reiki treatment.  If someone under 16 is getting a treatment, I won't do it unless a parent is in the room. 
The parent doesn't need to be involved and they can read a book/magazine or watch the treatment. 

How often should reiki be performed?
Generally I would recommend at least 3 treatments. 
However, sometimes people might only require one treatment, or might require more than three.
In cases of chronic illnesses, 4 sessions is recommended to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment