Wednesday 4 May 2016

Sew Keep Me


Christine is a woman based in Manchester, UK who makes beautiful keepsakes.
What inspired me to interview Christine was the fact that her bears are made mainly from a baby's piece of clothing (adults too)
For instance, if a child (or adult) has passed away a stunning stuffed bear can be handmade by Christine using the clothing supplied.
A part of the child/adult will always be near by.

__________________________________________

An Interview With Christine.

What is your name and what is your business called?
I'm Christine.
My business is called Sew Keep Me.

When was your business established?
I set up my business in June 2015.

Where are you located?
I am based in Manchester, UK.

Do you ship Worldwide?
I don't ship worldwide.

What materials are the bears made from?
The bears are made from the materials provided by the customer, usually baby clothes but I also use adult clothing, some of the bears are made from the clothing of somebody who's passed away so they're something for the relatives to keep.

What other keepsakes do you make?
I make lots of different animals such as bears, dogs, elephants etc.

What are your goals for the future within the business?
I am hoping to introduce cushions and small blanket keepsakes this year as well.

What are "suck pads"?
Suck pads are fabric pads that fold around the straps of a baby carrier, they protect the strap from babies chewing and sucking on them as they often do, it helps keep the carrier clean.

How do you promote your business?
Most often I promote my business by posting on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
I also have stalls at some baby focussed markets so people can see how the bears look for themselves.

__________________________________________

Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/sewkeepme/

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sewkeepme/

Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/sewkeepme

No comments:

Post a Comment